Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Squeaks, creaks, and rattles
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #53
entity
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 entity Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey all, OP here.

So, my headliner issue has been pretty much resolved, but it certainly wasn't pretty. The first trip to the dealer resulted in them keeping my car for 7 days attempting to re-glue it. I was okay with that because I wanted to minimize what had to be taken apart. When I got it back, not only did the headliner have ripples in it from the re-glue, but it came unglued again the next day. It felt like flypaper when pressing up against it.

I took it back in a second time and the service manager ordered a new headliner. It took nearly two and a half weeks for it to come in. Must be a popular item, I guess. This time it took another 24 days for them to install it. So all in all, I didn't have my car for about a month. They provided a loaner on their dime, so I wasn't concerned about time as long as it was done right.

I had the techs also investigate into other various squeaks and creaks that shouldn't be happening in a car with 3,000 miles on it. Some were addressed with insulation, others were labeled as "can not duplicate". It came down to me recording videos of the squeaks in action. There is one in the dash that the radio can't even drown out. Other than that, the new headliner is like it should have been from the factory. You can't even tell that it has been replaced. It no longer feels like flypaper if you press up against it.

So my next trip to the dealer will be to eliminate the last few noises and to apply the PowerShift TSB.

If anyone has any questions about my experience or wants to know something before taking their car in, feel free to ask.