Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Paint quality problems?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #41
NorthernFocalPoint
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89496
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Titanium Focus HB

FF Reputation: 3 NorthernFocalPoint Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I think Ford is pretending not to know. If I were you though, I'd do what I did and call Ford Canada/US to document whatever issue you have. My Titanium had two spots where I believe either the paint bubbled and chipped off when it dried and was like that on delivery at the dealer (this was a factory order). Dealer says they'll repaint it and Ford Canada says that whatever the dealer decides is what they'll go with as the solution.

Definitely something to do with the new paint process (I think I saw in a commercial that they apply 2 of the coats before letting it dry or something like that?). I already have 2 chips on the front (didn't get a chance to put the clear bra on yet!!!) so I put 2 coats of wax on the hood for now (will have to do the same to the front bumper) - not sure how much protection it will afford me.

I ordered in the touch-up paint but have to wait 2 wks (folks at the dealership didn't even have the replacement Red Candy metallic RZ paint code in their system and had to get advisement from Ford Parts to find out what to order).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCSEL View Post
what can we do to help alleviate the sensitivity in the paint? maybe it's because the paint hasn't fully cured yet? ... even then, would waxing and polishing strengthen the finish?

are ford aware of this???