Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #53
pil__
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90074
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus Titanium

Points 382, Level 7
Points: 382, Level: 7 Points: 382, Level: 7 Points: 382, Level: 7
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 pil__ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
@VOLDAR, not trying to be harsh with you, just explaining why I don't accept the argument :)

As far as most of MFT being stable, I can't agree with that at all (though your experience may vary). Even the radio has bugs. They are minor in comparison to the bluetooth disaster, but they are there. And the nav has all kinds of bugs for me. I can't go back to my aftermarket stereo, so it is in fact a downgrade. My phone accepts voice commands including for navigation, and understands me far better than Sync ever could (but this isn't a fair comparison, because Android just sends the recording to Google servers, which have unlimited processing power). I haven't hit any major bugs with phone, but I don't use that all that often.

My current theory, which I've concluded from my experience with software development, forum posts, what Ford has told me and my own issues, is that every issue I've seen is a common bug, and there's nothing special about my car. The difference is simply that some people don't use some or any of the features, or might not have the nav option. Bluetooth music streaming is the one wildcard, since that is highly phone-depenent (but not excusable. My phone works just fine with my old stereo).

At any rate, my plan is to wait for the new upgrade, but continue to complain to Ford continuously until then. I just found on another forum that there is a reboot app tech support can give you to load so you don't have to do a master reset or pull a fuse. Would have been nice if I had been offered that instead of having to find out for myself...