Points 382, Level 7
Points: 382, Level: 7 Points: 382, Level: 7 Points: 382, Level: 7
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 pil__ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I develop firmware for a living and I'm also responsible for software test strategy. I don't want to go down a rathole, but the comparison to Vista is not apples to apples. Vista worked just fine from a stability viewpoint. The problems were with annoyances (UAC) and application incompatibility rather than incorrect behavior and core bugs.

From my perspective, it's quite clear that MFT should never have been shipped. It wasn't ready, and to be this buggy, even using the most basic operations shows that the test strategy employed was fundamentally flawed (or, more likely, nonexistent).

I am more than willing to deal with minor bugs, beta test software, provide feedback, etc. However, instead, I am dealing with a constant fault-ridden system that I cannot rely upon at all. I can't stream music, fine. But I also can't use the nav, because if I try to give it voice commands, there's a 50% chance it will fail in some way (and I don't mean not recognize what I said. I mean fail) causing a dangerous driving distraction and negating the whole purpose of the thing. Ford doesn't even want to accept bug reports or look at the problems. And they also can't tell me that each bug I've hit is known, documented, reproducible and on the list to be fixed in the next release. If the engineers can't reproduce the problem, then you know it won't be fixed. Instead, they try to blame it on device compatibility.

The other point that's important here. I came from my previous car where I used my Garmin GPS or phone GPS along with a Sony aftermarket radio. The radio supported bluetooth audio streaming just fine. So, I've basically paid to downgrade my technology.

I don't expect the problems to be fixed overnight. Or in a month. But the customer relation attitute here is a serious problem.

@VOLDAR: It's FAT32. I bought it explicitly for the car to be a generic USB key with nothing special about it. The problem with your argument is that my Droid X is advertised in Ford latest big shiny brochure as the premier phone for bluetooth music streaming. And I did stop using music streaming since it's broken. That's when I starting finding all of the USB bugs...