Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #50
Rogerschro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90661
What I Drive: '12 frosted glass SEL '67 Gal vert.

FF Reputation: 3 Rogerschro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It sounds like Ford is telling you that the fix to your problems is tied into the whole reprograming of MFT. That, sadly, takes time to do and any "fixes" meanwhile will net you more problems anyhow, so I'd suggest you hold tight until then and if that doesn't work pursue a case. Programing a system like MFT to work across a slew of platforms isn't easy and to safeguard against faulty data in theirs and other devices is a big challenge. Better Ford takes time and risks your and others anger than to hurry with a quick fix (2.11) and loose more with bad service. The plan is a good option even if it doesn't do a lot for you right now. Can't hurt anyway. Ford IS doing something about it. Look at MS Vista, that was a huge mess for a long time until they finally got it straightened. Same goes for MFT, when it is fixed it will be great, you just need to be a bit more patient. BIG doesn't mean they can do everything for everyone.
It doesn't lessen your frustration for a system that should have worked right the first time but there it is, life will go on and when it is fixed you will be happy. Why ruin your reputation with your dealer and sour your opinion on Ford over a computer system that is really a convenience? They will get it right in time. All the luck and I hope you get a good result with all your issues.