Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #49
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
pil___, sorry to hear that.

In regard of using the USB drive, is it FAT32 or NTFS formated ?
I did have a problem with my iPod 3G - bluetooth streaming music on the new iOS5 get me to a nice black screen next day I start the car. So I stopped using iPod and bluetooth streaming. I just got today a new update on the iPod (5.0.1) and I will test again. I never had a single problem with bluetooth connection on my cell phone though, so I do suspect the problem is iPod/iPhone bluetooth compatibility with MFT. There is no such thing "compatible to everything", so don't think everything you'll throw at MFT will work like a charm.

It is also true that, when we talk about complex OS or computer programs, there is nothing much to do to adress a situation before an update/patch is ready to be installed. The same thing is with the MFT, I think. The same goes to iOS too - which was so shitty after the major change to iOS 5 version. I had to live with those bugs until they put on the market a new update : 5.0.1. And I am not sure they will address all of the bugs (the most annoying being the applications that freeze and crush when you expect less).

So, my advice for you would be : hang on, in a few weeks maybe all the problems you are having now will be solved. I don't think a Lemon law will take into consideration an "optional" to address your issues. But maybe I am wrong.
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.