Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2009 Ford Focus Clutch Problems
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
csrobinson27
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91679
What I Drive: 2009 Gray Focus

FF Reputation: 1 csrobinson27 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2009 Ford Focus Clutch Problems

I drive a standard transmission 2009 Ford Focus. I bought it used Feb 2011. July I had the clutch assembly replaced because my local Orlando Ford dealer told me it was worn out and not covered under warranty. Ok, i get it. I paid for it was went on my way. Now it's November and I'm starting to have the same problems all over again. From a cold start, my shifter will not go into first gear. Sometimes I have to use two hands to get it into gear. It's a hard shift from there on out till I've run down the road about 5 minutes. Everything runs smoothly for the rest of the day. I have an appointment Monday (today is Friday) to go back to the same dealership and have it looked at. Is the part under any kind of warranty? Labor? What am I suppose to do if they tell me it's worn out again and I need a new one? I can't afford another 1200 dollars in repairs when I have barely driven it 500 miles on this new clutch. What do I do?