Old 11-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #48
pil__
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90074
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 pil__ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Unhappy

I wanted to give an update on my experience with MFT. I have had 2.11 installed from day 1, though the dealer reinstalled it anyway when I brought it in for service. I've been unable to go more than a few days at at time without encoutering some kind of serious issue. I've stopped using bluetooth music streaming as it was clearly the source of some major problems. I switched first to an MP3 player in USB MSC mode. When I had problems with that, I bought a basic 16GB USB thumb drive and tried that instead. Still have numerous problems with it ranging from complete freeze to 10 second freezes between tracks to album art disappearing.

My dealer claimed they had opened a ticket or something with Ford and were waiting for a response. That was back in mid-October. Never heard from them again. I contacted the in-vehicle team on this forum and after one useless response they never followed up. I finally escalated the issues to Ford earlier this week and provided a list of 22 issues I've seen, which in the meantime just keeps growing. Was told the dealer would be in touch with me, but I heard nothing. I got response from the representative quoting a tech which gave some general comments about bluetooth not working and the navigation system being revamped in the next release. None of it actually addressed the specific issues I have.

The biggest complaint I have now is the complete lack of support. Ford has basically told me they won't fix anything and won't even try to do anything about the issues I'm having until the update sometime in Q1. They've offered no workarounds, no suggestions other than things like 'don't use usb music'. Well, I started using that because the bluetooth streaming doesn't work. They didn't offer to replace the APIM (not that I expect it to make a difference). They are also quick to blame the user components (usb device, phone), even though my phone is listed as the best for music streaming, and there is nothing special about my usb device. Finally, when I asked what Ford will do if I still have issues after the update, they had no answer.

The only compensation Ford has offered so far is a premium maintenance plan, which I can imagine probably won't cost them anything since I may well not have the car long enough to use it.

Does anyone know if anyone has successfully pursued a lemon-law case for MFT problems? I was hopeful that the new update will solve things, but the approach Ford is taking for the existing issues (ignore them) leaves me without much hope.