Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #467
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Points 1,558, Level 22
Points: 1,558, Level: 22 Points: 1,558, Level: 22 Points: 1,558, Level: 22
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I am at 13K on my Titanium. As far as hill assit .. I have an "automatic" .. and it works. If you are on a hill and stop by putting your foot on the brake, when you release your foot off the brake you have about 3-5 seconds of hill assist. That is more than enough time to get your foot from the brake to the gas. If you are not getting that amount of time there is a problem. I love the feature since a dual clutch transmission is not a real automatic and will have roll back.

The stutter went away after 500 miles. The transmission works the way it was designed up to yesterday. Yesterday it was sluggish up-shifting. I took it to my dealer this morning. There are a bunch of TSB that they are going to perform on it today. I will keep every one informed on how that goes.

As far as the MyFordTouch, if you have not had your dealer update it yet, it is something you can do yourself. All you need to do is download the files on to a 1 gig thumb drive and than plug it into the USB in the car. It takes about 45 minutes to upload into the car. the down load on to the thumb drive depends on your internet speed and some other factors.

The 2012 Focus is one of the most advanced cars out there ... and yes .. being the first one out of the gate there will be some bugs.

When I am driving the car it just feels like a car that costs a lot more. Ford is working feverishly to solve the problems. They worked so hard to climb to the top of JD Power and Consumer Reports .. and now they have tumbled.

Alan Mulally has taken the fall very seriously. In an interview he took responsibility but his comment went on to say ... I will paraphrase "The quality of the Ford products are right up there with the best with the exception of the MyFordTouch and the dual clutch transmissions. We have two items to fix. This is far better than having mechanical and engine failures across the board. With two problems Ford can focus on these two items and get back to being at the top again."

I respect everything Mulally has done. With risk comes reward. Some times with risk comes failure, but if you learn from mistakes you will lead the pack and not be a follower.