Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Let us know=huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slkfucusdvr View Post
Just purchased the Crower stage 1 cams for my duri and just wondering if anyone else on here are running the same cams? If so what was the noticable increases, pro's/con's?
I am interested in thou, too. I was looking at Cossie's fast road set & OBX's stage 1's & Crower's stage 1's. Seems like OBX's is a copy of Cossie's & is a single pattern, where Crower is a split pattern cam that favor's the intake side= more lift & duration & is on a 114 degree lobe center, where I would say that OBX's & Cosworth's are on a 112, but no info, that I found. On a 23 I believe 8-10HP & 8-12 lbs of grunt, w/a header/2.5 exhaust/ SRI or CAI. & a tune. Pro's are more DD driveably & torque at the lower RPM & you don't have to deal w/ spring's. Con's are there is more on the table w/ a stage 2= now your on a 112 LS w/ more lift= in.389''/ex.373'' & more duration @ .050=in. 228 degree's & ex. 220 degree's= shockermore grunt & HP @ a higher RPM & more rev's too, if you don't blow the bottom end. On a 20 you will need a 23 head for sure to see any gain's vs no 23 head, that I believe you'd be going backward's. So w/ that said, you'd see some gain's, I would try to figure out what it take's to do a 23 head, or just upgrade to a 23 all together. Let us know how it run's HUH!
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131