Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Help with datalogging
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #15
svtf1417
MOAR BEWST!!!!

Fan#: 58428
What I Drive: 2001 ZTS, 2002 SVTF Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 6 svtf1417 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
I dont remember what you posted and not sure he saw it maybe post it here to help him and others that may read this ?

Tom
Well I remember a couple times we stayed up past 10pm while you had control of my computer and trying to get this thing not to freeze up and I stumbled across a method that helped me out and hasnt stopped, but I know computers are all different.

1) Your going to need to have your laptop hooked up to the Xcal and the Xcal plugged into the OBDII port with the key on run.
2) Open Livelink, then open your saved livelink configuration. DONT connect to the vehicles ECU.
3) Go to commands and click "Configure Datalog Items". This will bring up all your PID's that your datalogging and the catagories will be expanded if your using a PID in that section.
4) Pick a PID that already has a check mark by it, un-check it, then re-check that same box and hit OK. In the bottom left it should say Setting Up or configuring or something along those lines.
5) Set up your analog equations and anything else you would normally do.
6) Enjoy datalogging again!

Again, this may not work for everyone but I encourage people having freezing issues to try it. I was sick to death of spending 4-5 hours a night in hopes that I might get Tom ONE WHOLE DATALOG a night.
[#1417] 2002 Sonic Blue SVT Focus
Born on June 25, 2002

2001 Silver ZTS Sedan - "Ol' Reliable"