Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Any Successful AWD Swaps Out There?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #25
Kickerbeast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87814
What I Drive: FrankenFocus AWD In Progress

FF Reputation: 1 Kickerbeast Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Slowpoke View Post
You can expect to pay at least triple your estimated amount. You would be the first one, on this forum, to complete the project. It's good to be the first. Usually someone talks about it, and then fades away.
I'm curious as to what your reasoning is behind this. I can fully support every cost I have there. If I have missed something, please do tell. I have been studying many pictures and doing a lot of planning already. The biggest issue I have right now is trying to source out a wheel bearing that can press into the focus knuckle and that my DSM hub can press into. The only other major cost that I'm unsure of is the lengt of the front axles. Even then, last I checked you could easily get a shaft machined with the correct splines to match up to a DSM inner and a focus outer CV joint for probably less than $100. I'm not trying to be as ass here, I just want someone to actually back up their claim that it is going to cost $15-$20 grand. Seems more like there are a bunch of jealous people out there that don't have the skills to pull this off. If I am wrong, then I will gladly appologize. To you supporters, thank you and I will keep you posted. Once I get a shell, I will start a new thread devoted to my build.

ZX3 going AWD http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310574