Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPopNC View Post
I'm fully aware there are critics out there bashing the car (besides yourself), but you directly mentioned results from long-term test and that's where I was asking for proof. Anyone can spout off anything, so if you're saying these long-term tests exists, I say "prove it".

As for the higher octane, it's not BS, it's fact. If my engine had serious problems, a higher octane wouldn't fix it, however if there are differences in how the engine is setup to run better on higher octane, then it will help.

The key to that it's a simple thing to try. If it helps, great and if it doesn't the person isn't out much.

This Forum is to try and provide help/insight to new owners, not just spew off the mouth with nothing but negativity. If you hate your car, sell it and move on. Take your negative attitude to Hyundai or somehwere else.
What I said, was that in the beginning car critics had little to complain about the Focus and gradually we are seeing more and more negative reviews from the car.I read many reviews before buying the car and none were as negative as the one I see today.I'm not gonna post 50 links to show the progression of the critics opinions.

As for your claim that high octane can fix the problem this is again total crap.High octane will prevent your engine from knocking and will in no way affect your transmission.This engine is made for regular gasoline and should run well on regular unless it's been modified or has problems causing it to knock.If you want to burn your money with some high octane gasoline that your choice,but nobody should think this is a real fix to a serious transmission problem.