Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Strange front end high/low wobble/humming sound
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #4
jimmyt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90069
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jimmyt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jguzman75 View Post
This sounds exactly what mine was doing and all mine was due to low air pressure. They were at 25 psi, aired them to 35 and the sound is almost all gone.
Now it very, very faint so I am pretty sure it is just tire-rubber related. These tires still have plenty of tread left but after reading reviews others have stated that the rubber becomes hard at noisy. The tires are the barum bravuris and will be my last set.
Hope this helps.....
Thanks for the comeback. The dealer put our Focus on a vibration system to check it and the tires were ruled out. That was the very first thing I checked as well. I am also on the 1st rotation of the tires, at proper inflation rates of 37 PSI, and the noise is very much still there.

Drive with the radio and fans off between 55 and 70 MPH and listen to see if you still hear the noise, you may be having the same problem. It is not as prevalent in some Focus models, mine is the Titanium Hatch back. Ford is aware of this so it indicates it is a known & documented non-tire related problem.