Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Roushcharger!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #26
nateyo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88182
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 nateyo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusBoy58 View Post
??? Twin Screw who here has seen any twin screws for the focus?

kennebell back in 04 said they were making one but they never did.

You can bet your ass the rouscharger isnt twin scroll.

Superchargers are in no way ever going to be advantageous to a turbo. Coming from the guy that has the best supercharger on the market for his zetec and ended up going turbo... Small turbos spool and make better power faster then a supercharger because I have yet to see a 400whp supercharged root style blower because their not capable. IJS A comparable small turbo with a max 275-300whp will spool at 2000 or less.. I know what kind of heat I saw from 5000-7000 rpm. 200+ degrees compared to a turbo being only a couple over ambient.. How can you compare?
You do realize that not everyone is trying to have 300, 400, 500 horsepower, right? To me, there's really no point to it, because I don't go to tracks or 1/4miles to actually put it down. Plus that much horsepower in a front wheel drive car is just dumb IMO, torque steer will kill you and it just makes it annoying. We're talking about an econobox that needs some low rpm power. Yes, you could use a small turbo. However, turbos you're going to have to drop in into the exhaust, then you also have to get an intercooler, and you gotta tap the feed for oil etc. etc. Turbos are more work. Plus, you can add an intercooler with your supercharged setup if you're using a roots charger which is notorious for making heat...

If turbos were far superior then people would stop making superchargers, yet they still sell. People have different needs and wants, so a turbo works for you but maybe not other people, so what's it to you?