Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How much did you pay for your SVTF ?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 12:42 AM   #617
SuperStockAMX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89501
What I Drive: 2003 Comp Orange EAP SVT

Points 691, Level 13
Points: 691, Level: 13 Points: 691, Level: 13 Points: 691, Level: 13
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 SuperStockAMX Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperStockAMX View Post
My first post and first day of ownership :)
I just picked up a 2003 ZX3 SVT EAP in Competition Orange. It's about to hit 100K miles, probably next week. Prior owner was a fanatic on keeping everything OEM as his dad is a Service Manager at a Ford dealership. Basically engine received a partial rebuild with new rings & bearings, belt, etc., at 72K niles. Around 82K it was all new struts. Only non-stock is ClutchMaster Stage III with 7# flywheel and rear bar in the trunk. He got the family rate of $30 per hour and cost + 10% on all parts and still spent around $7K in the last two years! He just replaced the seat heaters a few weeks ago and the air-bag module yesterday.
It drives like a new car. Arizona car, no rust, no damage. It does have vinyl graphics on the sides that looked bad on Craigs List but they grow on you (I just turned 51 the other day), and my wife and kids even said keep them on. Will see after I take it to a body shop for a quote and assurance the paint doesn't come off with them.
This things a blast and I intend on keeping it stock and driving it almost daily.
Paid $5600 for it. I wanted a fun car that gets MPG with a grin and $6K was about my budget. Up until last week, I never really thought about a car like this. Then I calculated I've spent over $5K in fuel this year alone with my '05 Expedition so I pulled the Focus SVT up for research. The more I learned, the more I liked. After looking here at SVT's for sale, I think I did OK.
I do need a new DS fog lamp or bezel. Is that an in-stock item?
I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it here.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

The stripes are reflective and change with the sun light. They always look darker & stand out more in the pictures.
Notice the passenger side view. The sun was reflecting off the garage door and the stripes are less pronounced.

Update: OK..this SVT is like a drug! I've already put 5,000 miles on it! Now has Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 225x45x17's (quite, handles, 30,000 mile warranty), Tom's Tune (get it!), new Motorcraft iridium plugs, wires & coil. I also put a short throw shifter from CFM in (love it!).

BMW Z3 took a stab at me off a light today and I clearly had him through 1st & 2nd then I let off . That's the only drag race I've been in. Except a new SS Camaro. He had the jump and I was in 1st. At the top of 2nd I was actually gaining ground and blew it when I missed 3rd. I never miss a gear...except this time I guess.

I had the poly dog-bone mount from CFM. Took it off. With the aluminum flywheel and the mount, it was just too much vibration and noise.

I'm waiting for a shipment on a 67mm TB from CFM.

I've got to get this SVT to the drag strip and see what it will do!

Last edited by SuperStockAMX; 11-10-2011 at 05:45 PM.