Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - ZETEC Engine stumble - SOLVED
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 01:20 PM   #45
bwojdyla
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 3589
What I Drive: Red 2000 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bwojdyla Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
nope. I was going to take a shot, but it would have been 100% pulled out of my rear end bullshit.
I can tell you some things to do though. First is to reset. Unplug the battery for an hour or so. This will clear the fuel trims stored in the ECU. Your programming will be reset to factory default and the computer will relearn the appropriate fuel curves. try cleaning out the upper intake (cleaning the MAF, filter, check the PCV valve itself). It's probably not any of the servo's like EGR or IAC since those would throw a quick CEL. check your spark plugs for fouling, check to make sure your spark plug wires are in good shape and the ends make strong contact on the coil and the plug, check all the vacuum hoses, not just the one that was bad in this case. that's about all I can think of that would amount to rough running as an easy fix.