Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #90
FordFan1265
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86017
What I Drive: TBM '12 FoFo SE hatch w/ Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 2 FordFan1265 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So I got my car back last night after the flash and I definitely see some differences. Some seemingly pretty good and some I'll have to learn to love I suppose. The higher shift points kinda make me wonder about gas mileage in the long run (but Ford claims it won't hurt mpg's so we'll see). The new shift points do seem more intuitive and smooth almost like a true automatic though (but it still proves it's not when you stop on an incline and it offers up that little roll-back like a manual). Since it's relearning my habits I have noticed a few stumbles/rough shifts when I've had to stray from the norm (but I predict these will go away). One concern I have, but don't want to assume is permanent yet because I'm only on day two of the re-learning process is that even though lower speed driving seems vastly improved, it seems to be less willing to respond at higher speeds. I found today when I was cruising along at 55-60 and needed to speed up to around 70 it took more pressure to do so than before the flash and it proceeded to downshift rather than smoothly climb to speed (this is less time consuming and more fun for play-time of course, but less friendly on gas). I bet the kinks will work therir way out and it'll be all good, otherwise Ford wouldn't have recommended it. I haven't played with sport or select-shift mode since the flash as I want to give it a few days to learn my habits again in drive before I play with it too much. Plus I'm at a quarter tank and trying to make it last until payday. Will post any other findings as the come.

Hatch Nation #131