Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #89
sprcoop
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91034
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Met, 201A, Sport, 5sp

FF Reputation: 1 sprcoop Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Got the update done Thursday while the car was in for a couple other things. The other things were keyless entry install, "buzz" in the dash on slightly rough roads and the intermittent nature of the A/C.

First the tranny update. Before it was done I never felt the "shudder" at any speed but did notice some gear hunting and sluggish take off but nothing too irritating. I did have the 70 degree startup in the temp so the update was gonna happen. The wife picked it up on Friday afternoon and I didn't get a chance to drive it until today. I liked it before but now I'm questioning the wisdom of ordering mine with a manual. SWEET!

Drive like a grandma (not from Pasedena) and you can't even tell it's shifting other than watch the tack oscillate 500rpm. A little more gas and it shifts closer to 3K. Seems a little high but I could get used to it very fast and it may change as the tranny relearns. I semi punched it getting out of traffic on a left turn and it was impressive. Still no "shudder" at any speed and I tried 3mph and even took my foot off the brake and let it creep a few times.

They said they fixed the "buzz" but only managed to cause 3 others. Either they cropped up after the wife picked it up (I kept asking if it was gone but got a "I haven't noticed" answer) or the guy that test drove it was deaf (or they didn't test drive it). Going back for that.

When the wife demonstrated the A/C for the service manager he admitted it was not right but by the time she got it back deemed it normal operation. Which it may be but still if it is "normal" to the designer is broken to anyone that wants A/C. Still not finished with that. A/C is kind of important in Tucson. When it doesn't work as well as a 10 year old Nissan Frontier or a 10 year old Corolla there's a problem.

Got the keyless entry installed though.