Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #88
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I was so mad yesterday, my car seemed to revert back to it's old jerky sluggish ways... but I'm hoping that was just the last day of the re-learning process, because today it was silky smooth, better than it's ever been, and it felt great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamsicle View Post
I called my dealer to schedule the update (build date Aug 4th, I just barely missed it) and they told me they'd have to keep the car for a few hours / road test, etc. I griped a little about that, told them the symptoms matched perfectly whta the TSB was intended to address but they wouldn't budge.

So now I'm going to wait until 5k miles when it's time for the first free oil change and let them do both together. Will have to live with the slushbox performance until then. This won't hurt anything will it?

Disappointed in the response by my dealer (Liberty Ford, Baltimore MD)
I wouldn't wait if I can help it... just gives them another reason to say no, in case they try to give you the business about "waiting too long with a problem making it worse" or something stupid like that.
Sonic Crew #28