Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #83
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
After several days of driving with the update, I can say I do feel a difference. While I still have some shudder at a stop, I can't say I've felt any at low speeds like I've tried to reproduce, and as stated before, the transmission is more willing to downshift when I give it some gas. Throttle response, thus, is much better than before, when I would also get the dead spots through corners and at stoplights.

Overall, much more capable feeling car now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
Hmmm....so some of us weren't crazy when we were "whining" and "complaning" about the shift quality, shuttering, and grinding of the PowerShift transmission. We were told by Ford it was "normal" and by many FF members that were valiantly defending Ford that we just didn't understand how a dual clutch transmission works.

And I see that some of the Ford defenders were the very first to schedule an appointment to have their transmission software reflashed. Hmmmm.

I would like to note that without the "complainers" that kept on Ford day after day and had to wait 6+ months while being told it's "normal", they would of had less of a reason to rewrite the code and we would still be stuck with the crappy software.
Noted and understood, but a lot of us also didn't complain about our transmissions before and got along just fine, and opted to get the update to see what was actually changed. In my case, I only ever really had shudder at stops and occasionally at low speeds, it wasn't anything I couldn't live with, but I will admit that the update has made the car more responsive to throttle input, without a doubt.

I see your point, without complainers Ford wouldn't fix the issue, but at the same time, threads upon threads upon threads of the same complaint on a forum isn't doing much to help that cause, just cluttering the boards, that's why I'm always urging new posters posting already established problems to post up in relevant threads.
Sonic Crew #28