Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 12:58 AM   #78
DentonFocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89401
What I Drive: 2012 silver 5dr titanium

FF Reputation: 1 DentonFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
DCT trans reflash TSB

Had my focus PCM and TCM reflashed under the TSB 11-10-2 this past tuesday (11/1/11). after some initial problem w/ a clueless service advisor, the second (very good) advisor went thru the trouble of looking up the TSB, talked w/ me about the symptoms, and scheduled an appointment. Dealer even provided a free loaner car for me.
the reflash was totally worth it - driveability is much better. before the reflash, the trans hesitated to downshift when i applied partial throttle, especially noticeable when coming out of a turn. there was a very small throttle window in which the car would accelerate away at a good speed - not grandma slow and not teenager fast. accelerating from stop was the same and at highway speeds, you literally had to floor the pedal to get a down shift/jerk/acceleration.
After the reflash, shiftpoints were generally higher - around 2750 -3500 rpm. much less hesitation accelerating from stop, coming out of corners, and highway speeds. reflash also cured the rpm surge when coming to a stop. still wish they offered the 5sp manual, but this rework makes the car much more enjoyable. i do not know what the affects on gas milage will be, but TSB was not supposed to lower milage. i would gladly trade a little mgp for driveability. btw, getting 33.0 mpg to date w/ the handling package (tracked mileage on xlsx).