Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #76
Montana
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89448
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Montana Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I can vouch for what Kabigon is saying as we had the re-program done last Friday and picked it up on Monday, After picking it up the trans was better but had a rough feel to it which I was told it would be somewhat harsh so I was ok with that. My wife just let me drive the car again today and I tried various ways and means to get it to screw up and I could not get it to act ill mannered. The only thing I noticed and I fully understand why it does this is when you take your foot off the brake and let it creep up a slight incline. There it would chatter a bit and as I said I fully expected that and have no issues with it. They key here is don't let it creep on it's own, Foot off the brake and foot on the throttle.

Now as long as the transmission continues to act in this manner all will be good.

When in D I would get right about a 2500 RPM shift with moderate throttle in the first 3 gears, In S mode without using shifter buttons and about the same throttle input and road grade I would get to about 4000 RPM in the first 3 gears. Obviously this was not a controlled test or any scientific data to back it up but just thought I would throw it out there.

Montana