Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Vw wrc
Thread: Vw wrc
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
barryf1fan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 59847
What I Drive: '04 Infra Red ZX3 SVT w/EAP

Points 923, Level 16
Points: 923, Level: 16 Points: 923, Level: 16 Points: 923, Level: 16
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 barryf1fan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by in.focus View Post
Also, how about Chris Duplessis in Rally GB...how do you think he'll do?
I think he'll do okay... wished I could say he would go over there and kick @$$ and take names, but other countries develop rallying drivers like we develop pee-wee (or pop) football players. Starts at a very young age. Most drivers that do rallying compete in cars they can't legally drive on the road. Americans are just so far behind the curve by the time they get the shot. I know Chris is 24, or something, but he'll be competing against driver that have over a decade of experience by that age. I think McRae started at 6 or 8 years old, or something crazy like that and most of the drivers in WRC have that same type of seat time. Crazy!

I do hope he does well, but may very well struggle. I think his first goal (as with any race driver) is finishing and just gain the experience. If he can finish the car with little drama - it would bode well for him and his showing at Rally GB. Remember how Block struggled last year in WRC (and we know how talented he is), had several DNF's.

It's nice to be good, but it's best to be nice.