Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #73
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,276, Level 35
Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog093 View Post
Be prepared to call their bluff if you have to. If the car is eligible, they should perform the service. After Consumer Reports' mention of the transmission, Ford publicly acknowledged that they are fixing it with a software upgrade. You have a right to that upgrade.

A big part of the description, even in the TSB, is that it deals with many "intermittent" problems. The definition of intermittent means that the problems are irregular, so a short drive may not reveal the issues that you are having with the car.
+1, they gave me the same speech, so I talked to a different service adviser and she put it on the work order for me.

Though, my car doesn't feel all that different, so either my car was much more behaved than the lot of you who have had the big issues, or they didn't flash my PCM/TCM.
Sonic Crew #28