Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #71
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,948, Level 33
Points: 2,948, Level: 33 Points: 2,948, Level: 33 Points: 2,948, Level: 33
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamsicle View Post
I called my dealer and they told me they'd have to road-test it and diagnose for themselves before they'd be willing to flash the software. 1-2 hours minimum. So instead of getting it done soon I'm going to wait for the first oil change and have them do it then (and bring a good book).
That's what my dealer said, they turned me down twice before I talked to FordCustomerService (AKA Natasha) who had my complaint escalated to regional customer service, talked to engineering, and finally got the OK to go ahead with it.

They don't even have to order parts - it's all software! So I'm not sure what the big deal is unless it's just Ford Corporate won't reimburse the dealer's 1-2 hours of "warranty work." If that's the case, it's pretty stupid because they spent more time test driving my car / troubleshooting than they would have spent just doing the darn reprogramming from the start!