Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #52
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I beg to differ. There was obviously a problem with the September TSB that resulted in a no crank/no start condition. Once they had this fixed, they re-released the TSB on 10/2. My guess is that the original firmware and re-programming setup aren't quite the same. It probably was something stupid like they forgot to put "Make sure the battery is charged before reprogramming." But they didn't and then one person had their car battery die before the flash was finished, and then their car wouldn't start at all. Boom - instant withdrawal of the TSB.

EDIT: And I could totally see it taking a month to resubmit the TSB because that's what happens when you have a big enough company. Things just sit on/in desks for weeks.
No doubt. There's no reason Ford would use a separate transmission entirely, for them to still offer it as the same PowerShift DCT, they would have had to spend the money on developing a whole new DCT transmission (not cheap, that's why we share ours with the Fiesta as is)

So, there's no way and it makes no sense for them to have switched transmissions.
Sonic Crew #28