Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - I LOVE my Mk3 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!!
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #53
sydtron
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 91386
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 sydtron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Despite my horn fun/window switch fun, loving it. Unfortunately I've never bought a new car that didn't have 2-3 recalls after buying it so look for them. MFT is taking some getting used to but I've had no issues with it yet that aren't subjective/fixable.

Utterly floored that Ford put together a chassis and interior to match. Too bad that it's DCT only on Titanium, but in S mode it feels a little closer to the overall personality of the car. Leaves room for fun when you're ready to kill some of the efficiency.

My previous car was very quiet as well, but the Focus is about as quiet or possibly more quiet. Especially the moonroof -- the sunshade I would have to leave closed on my Subaru but no issues with it closed or open and wind noise on the Focus.

Paint is immaculate. Time will tell on durability but with essentially no orange peel I'll almost write off if it chips away to bare steel over time. I can't think of a single other time Ford has put so much effort into paint.

Seats are welcomely bolstered and artificially elevates how sporty the car feels. Headroom/legroom is plentiful even at my height (just don't sit behind me...an issue with most cars) and the boot has plenty of room for a car in the C segment.

Only aggravations right now are small -- the turn signal stalk with the "3 blink" mode makes it feel a bit flimsy, the light controls are too tucked away if you choose not to use automatic controls, limited/non-existent storage areas up front and the shifter could probably stand to be a little bit more communicative feeling in which gear selection you move it in.

Nitpicky:
12V outlet is in an odd place and emblazoned with "12V", sunshades flimsy feeling compared to the rest of the interior, subwoofer in boot takes up a bit too much space, no center dome light, headrests won't cant forward as much as I'd like, awkward moonroof controls and I can't carry on conversations with MFT as I can with Siri. Integrate it, Ford/Apple, so we can always have a passenger to talk to.

oh, and, for what it is worth the build date on the car is somewhere around early/mid-October. Given how much I read, this could be why I've had no real major issues.