Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Roush Stage 3 Ford Focus Concept - Would there be interest?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #7
ABFORDGUY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89202
What I Drive: '90 Miata wife has the 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 2 ABFORDGUY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaputtEqu1pment View Post
That would be cool; but imagine the cost of putting in major engine performance parts, like a supercharger requires major overhaul of many other parts. I just wish these cars had come out earlier.
The Roush guys do it right, at least that has been the case with the Mustang, and I am sure they have used their expertise on the Focus as well. They know what these cars can handle without having to do any internal engine upgrades, or mechanical changes to the trans. That is why they offer more than one kit for the Mustang. Option 1 comes with a 3yr/60k warranty. nice power bump but not too extreme. Option 2 gets a little more in depth.. you're all on your own! As for the price.. again based on the Mustang $7000 installed for a 130HP boost and pcm tune included.. not too shabby! Especially when it's backed by the Roush powertrain warranty. I'm a little excited for the release of the Roushcharger for the 2012 Focus, and hope I can keep my warranty as well. Otherwise it's a no go until after my warranty is up (and by then I'll be thinking of moving onto something else)