Curious, how folks will respond to this latest offering from the friends of FORD.
unveils the 2012 ROUSH RS3 focus at the 2011 SEMA EXPO.
Performance, power and an aggressive appearance are traits readily associated with the ROUSH Mustangs and the ROUSH F150 trucks. ROUSH Performance has applied their powertrain, suspension and body kit capabilities to the 2012 small car platform. The engineering and design teams at ROUSH Performance unveiled their 2012 ROUSH RS3 Focus today at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas, NV. The ROUSH concept vehicle is painted in a striking matte-finished Sherwin-Williams “Sin City Silver,” complimented by a graphics package that let’s fellow drivers know that you’re driving a ROUSHcharged® performance car.
“Our goal is to offer an affordable upgrade package to enhance the performance, handling and appearance of the 2012 Focus,” says Gary Jurick, VP/GM of ROUSH Performance. “We’re excited about our concept vehicle here at SEMA, and the initial feedback from consumers and our dealers has been very positive. The enhancements to the body components and overall styling have been a big hit with the SEMA crowd. We’re continuing to finalize our program offering, and we plan an announcing availability in early 2012.”
The 2012 ROUSH RS3 Focus offers several potential powertrain upgrades including a R900 TVS ROUSHcharger®, Roush modified high-flow induction system and Roush dual-exit high- performance exhaust. “Our initial tests show that more power can certainly be derived from the 2.0L engine with our R900 ROUSHcharger®. It’s possible to see 230HP and 210 ft/lbs of torque with the ROUSH Performance setup. Those are big gains over the stock outputs. That kind of power-to-weight ratio will make this an exciting vehicle to drive.”
The pictures show a cool exterior kit ... but wondering what the final price point would be. Those that miss the SVT variant, this may scratch the itch until FORD drops theirs.
ROUSH Powertrain Components
ROUSH Chassis Components
- 2.0L Supercharged Powertrain Featuring the ROUSH TVS 900 ROUSHcharger (Estimated Output: 230HP/210ft.lbs.)
- ROUSH Engine and Coil Cover
- Square Tip Performance Exhaust
ROUSH Body Components
- 19-Inch Hyper Black Wheels w/ High Performance Cooper PZero Nero Tires
- Performance Tuned Suspension System
- Performance Brake Package – Red (4 Piston Caliper/14″Front Rotors/Painted Rear Calipers)
ROUSH Interior Components
- Custom Show Quality Exterior Paint
- RS3 Focus Graphics Package
- ROUSH Front Grill Inserts and Surrounds (Piano Black)
- Stage 3 Grille Badge
- Driving Lamp Surrounds (Piano Black)
- ROUSH Front Chin Splitter
- ROUSH Side Rocker Splitters
- ROUSH Rear Valence w/ Diffusers and Extractors
- ROUSH Rear Corner Splitters
- Rear Hatch Spoiler
- Rear Hatch Stage 3 Badge
- Front Windshield Banner
- Stage 3 Leather Seating w/Accent Color Stitching
- Billet Performance Pedals
- Aluminum 5-Speed Shifter Ball
- Shifter Boot w/Accent Color Stitching
- E-Brake Boot w/Accent Color Stitching