Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 12:31 AM   #3330
Scriptorum
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89797
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium HB + Nav

FF Reputation: 1 Scriptorum Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I ordered my car on Oct-15. The dealer said it would take about 6 weeks to deliver. I don't know when the VIN came in, because my dealer did not call me as he claimed he would, but the VIN was available when I bugged him two weeks later. The ETIS site has the same 0002 placeholder date others are seeing. The dealer gave me an ETA of Nov-21. Getting excited!

UPDATE:
Window sticker from Research Maniacs has a build date of Nov-7. I'll see if ETIS updates tomorrow.

UPDATE Nov-9:
ETIS now lists my build date as 07.11.2011. It doesn't list any other information, though, so I don't think it's yet built.

UPDATE Nov-11:
ETIS is now providing more information about my vehicle. Not enough to feel sure that it's describing MY vehicle though (MFT, Nav pkg, hrmm). But hey, this looks promising.

UPDATE Nov-13:
The dealer (Wade Ford, Atlanta) left me a voice mail indicating the car is built and on its way. The salesman also sent me an email. The email states a new ETA of Nov-19 (this Saturday), but the voicemail was a little less confident, also throwing out the 21st as a possible arrival.

UPDATE Nov-19:
Car picked up! The car was actually ready the evening of the 18th but I wanted to view it in the daylight. Very happy to have the car. 6 miles on odometer. Not everything went smoothly and there were a couple annoyances, but as new car purchasing goes, this was a decent experience. I almost walked out without remembering I ordered the cargo package; which the salesman said arrived before the car in the parts dept and would ship it to me. The sales manager said it would be ready Monday for "me to pick up." Similarly, the salesman said the plates would be shipped to me, and the credit manager said I'd be notified when they were ready for pick up. Oh how fun. :)

Last edited by Scriptorum; 11-19-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: New, profoundly interesting information