Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 08:57 PM   #3329
89SHO
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 90961
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Focus SEL 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 89SHO Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Woo View Post
For those with a build date but no window sticker, can you guys possibly go to the Ford Etis website below and look up your car, then tell me what the build date states for you? All you need is the VIN that the dealer gave you.

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do

My build date as given to me by my dealer is 11/7/2011. I have no window sticker. Etis shows my build date as "30.11.0002" and I'm just hoping that doesn't mean my car will actually be built on 11/30 instead. Someone here mentioned that the Etis build date (pre-window sticker) is a placeholder but I just want to make sure.
30.11.0002 is exactly the date that showed in ETIS for my Focus until the real data got populated a couple days after the build. Once it does populate, it will be in the format DD.MM.YYYY. I think you will see your window sticker soon. I was able to retrieve my window sticker on 10/8, and my car got built on 10/13. Data in ETIS showed up on 10/17. Still waiting on delivery, though. Status in dealer's system has been unchanged from "released from plant" ever since build was completed, even though it shows ETA for this week.