Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 06:13 PM   #32
e350 coupe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84808
What I Drive: 2010 E-350 Coupe/2012 Titanium Htbk

FF Reputation: 5 e350 coupe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techwarrior View Post
I spoke with two different dealers today in Toronto and none of them had a clue about this update.

Ahh, so behind the times.

Good to see this update helped out though.
I had the same problem in BC, apparently the service advisor attempted to look up the TSB by using my serial number and nothing came up as available. He then phoned me back and asked if I new the TSB number which I told him I thought was either 11-10-02 or 11-10-01, a few minutes later he called me and stated he found it, and has no idea of why it wasn't on my list, needless to say they installed it.

Results

I travel up a 18 degree hill in white rock which is really steep, needless to say I never saw 3,000 rpm before. The transmission always wanted to change gears around 16-1800, now it changes around 2500.

As for acceleration it quickly accelerated and when I looked down I was around 4000 rpm with no problems, and very little foot pressure on the accelerator.

It appears that some software writer has actually gotten into this vehicle to see how it drives and changed the gear settings to what should be more respectable for this type of vehicle.

As for mileage the verdict is still out, need more testing. Oh and it appears my low speed shutter is gone.