Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - I messed up my xcal :( help please!
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 01:48 PM   #8
BowerR64
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78699
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3 SE

Points 11,563, Level 70
Points: 11,563, Level: 70 Points: 11,563, Level: 70 Points: 11,563, Level: 70
Level Up 79% Completed
Level up: 79% Level up: 79% Level up: 79%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 12 BowerR64 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I had something scary happen to me the other day.

Doing the tune there are 3 part of software, well actually 2 software 1 FIRMWARE lately my livelink has been saying there is an update but then it errors and says it cant update. Then i went to add a new tune Tom sent me and the device updater says it has an update. Before i do that update i return my car to stock.

Then i update the device updater software. For some reason i thought the handheld device was ready to update so i put it into update mode but then there is no updated firmware file so the handheld didnt actually need updating just the software for the handheld.

I take the handheld out of update mode and then transfer in the new tune. When i go to update the tune it asks me to agree this is an advanced thing im doing do i agree to terms? It hasnt asked me that since the very first time i ever used it. Im thinking maybe Tom sent me a "super" tune file.

It does the memory check, updates the new tune, then loops around and does the memory check thing again and updates the tune a SECOND time. Im thinking its stuck in some loop and im going to have to unplug it.

After the second tune update "do not unplug" part it finishes and plays the happy tune that its complete.

That was a scary update let me tell ya.

why it checked memory and updated the tune file twice i dont know, but its never done it before.

Im glad it all worked out though.