Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 10:31 AM   #28
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Keep us posted, not only about the performance but any sort of "hassle" dealership may or may not try and give you!
Well I went to a nice lady advisor instead of the guy I talked to on the phone. Explained to her that the last time I had the car checked out for the same issues was Sept. 1st, before any of the relevant TSBs were released, so maybe they were told to tell customers it was normal then, but now that the update is out... it's no longer the case. I explained that the TSB just updates the programming on the PCM/TCM to improve low-speed driveability and explained my symptoms and she wrote it in.

So, it seems like I got off scot-free today, and didn't have to argue my way into it, I almost wanted to though, that guy is a real @$$. While I was there he convinced an old man to replace his pads and rotors, fuel filter, and some other crap... totaling something like $700. I'm sure he may have needed some brake work, but the rest was the usual upsell. It's funny, he wanted me to leave my car for a few days to "dig deeper into the problem" when the reprogramming is only supposed to take about an hour. What a waste.

I'll update/respond here when the car is done and I've driven it a bit.
Sonic Crew #28