I love my 2012 Ford Focus too!
7000+ miles strong, absolutely slick on the road, a very refined engine (can't even hear it at highway speeds, even with light throttle).
Its a car that combines:
1. Functionality - 44 cubic feet of space behind the front seats, whats up!?
2. Style - Saw a yellow SE hatch one in a lot today with the 17" painted rims... stylish
3. Luxury - Quality leather seats and assisting technology (although I don't have MFT)
4. Performance - even without my update yet, the DCT has been a delightful transmission, and I could never go back to a torque converter again (I drove 2 rental cars with torque converters, an Aveo and Escape, and they were pretty rough, although they were technically new). You won't see such a performer with 160hp get 37-40 MPG out there.
I don't believe the bullcrap that Consumer Reports says about the Focus's reliability. The DCT "problems" are perceived, and should be solved with the recent update (they're nothing like the solenoid issues that plagued the 1st gen Focus). The MFT "problems" should be solved with a full update (although I avoided MFT on purpose to not deal with those problems).
I think my car will be with me problem-free for a long time. And I sure as hell am looking forward to it. Cheers to you Ford!
Proud 2x Focus Owner!
- 2002 Ford Focus ZTS (CD Silver Metallic)
- 2012 Ford Focus SEL (Blue Candy Tinted Metallic)