Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 12:30 PM   #1051
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggielaw View Post
IMC, you mentioned a couple pages back you didn't expect a big push on the Focus at year's end, but then it looks like you were told it would be a vehicle to move. If you were a cash customer looking to buy a 5-door Focus Titanium would you be inclined to buy now; wait and see if any additional incentives come out for the last 2 weeks of December; or wait for the 2013 model (presumably to be relased in the Spring in the US?)?

I enjoyed the Focus Ti I drove this week, but the leather seats seemed really hard (almost no cushion for butt or back) and the steering wheel blocks half the air from both the driver side vents. Other than that, great car, and I'll probably buy one despite those two (admittedly large) annoyances. But...when to buy?

Thanks for your help!
Ford increases incentives based on days supply of a vehicle. My region has a lot of Focus currently so they increased the incentive by $500. I would look at buying by the end of the year because a 2012 will always be a better deal than a 2013.

January 3rd marks Q4 end date, sorry if I predicated incentives not changing, they never did on the Fiesta but I suppose Ford is trying to gain more buyer's in the segment!
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com