Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #250
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSBB6 View Post
I have 500km on my 2012 focus and am starting to get the shaking during takeoff and between 1st and 2nd gear changes...will it get better as I put more miles in there??
Hi LVSBB6,

Many initial concerns have resolved themselves as the clutch breaks in. Since you are concerned, I suggest visiting the dealer so they can inspect it and ease your worries. You are also welcome to contact Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre at 1.800.565.3673 and discuss your issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderer View Post
I have 820 miles on my Focus and started to get terrific shaking at idle and the lower gears tonight, bad enough to spill liquid.
Hey Ponderer,

What did your dealer advise? PM me and let me know, and send your info (VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state) so I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centflfocus View Post
so glad i found this forum,we were set to go down next weekend and buy the 2012 focus red hatchback...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoc1 View Post
I am supposed to take delivery of a Titanium hatch back in two weeks.
@centflfocus & cardoc1,

The PowerShift transmission has an adaptive learning process that enables it to smooth out as it adjusts to individual driving habits. Shifting is electronically controlled, so it has different sensations than a basic transmission. Rest assured, I am here to help with the few experiencing lingering issues, and the Focus is an excellent decision for your next vehicle.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply