Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #249
cardoc1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90592
What I Drive: 2012 titanium 5door

Points 444, Level 8
Points: 444, Level: 8 Points: 444, Level: 8 Points: 444, Level: 8
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 cardoc1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I am supposed to take delivery of a Titanium hatch back in two weeks. With all the transmission problems reported and Fords failure to find the fault I just may say screw it and walk away. The shuddering described sounds in my opinion like clutch chatter caused by contaminated friction surfaces.It is an automated manual with two clutches. Clutch chatter if caused by contamination does not go away by itself. Will Ford ever find a solution? Will they stand behind their product? What will this problem do to resale value? Will they discontinue the manufacture of this trans and replace it with something else next year? I have owned many Ford products in the last forty years and have been very satisfied, but this really scares me. I don't want to throw $25,000 down a rat hole. I need some gurantees from Ford that they can fix this problem,or I will walk away.
I can live with the My touch problems because I feel that it is a firmware or software problem and can be fixed.

Last edited by cardoc1; 10-27-2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling