Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Project FSP Focus is kicked off!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #157
wrc_fan
slow

Fan#: 11913
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 Duratec 08 WRX Hatch

FF Reputation: 23 wrc_fan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
@Blackcatn20: I didn’t push it too hard, maybe 8/10, I didn’t really go much past 50 on the straights either. I could easily have been pushing it to 70+, but I don’t need a straight to jail ticket. Also many of the cruiser riders are not very skilled, and going too fast doesn’t give you much chance to respond (avoid hitting them) to their sloppy riding.

@mzmanny: Thanks for the comments, this year I haven’t been doing quite as well; I’ve been running on street tires in our tire index class. The LSD made me quite a bit faster, but I’m the only non-stock car running in tire, so I’m getting knocked down in PAX. We have a local HS guy who kills it with a protégé, and he’s currently leading the class. H Stock PAX is brutal. Anyway I fully recommend an LSD, best (and most expensive) upgrade I’ve done thus far.

I usually don’t make it further north than charlotte for events. Maybe one of these days I’ll get up to a Triad event.

I haven’t done much in weight reduction, or weighed the car, so probably close to stock. One of these days I’ll update my musings on future weight reduction plans for the car.

"Hella Functional - Raced, Not Hard Parked"