View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
sprcoop
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91034
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Met, 201A, Sport, 5sp

FF Reputation: 1 sprcoop Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It was so quiet that I would have to drive the car on the freeway (80mph) with it off. Throw it on and do it again to even tell you if there was any wind noise. I can only imagine that bikes would be more noise than the luggage box. I think these cars are very sound insulated. If you have the windows up and someone is talking you just see their lips move like they are playing a joke but roll the window down and they are actually talking.

I was in a hurry so I went to Summit Hut and got raped. If you have Q-Towers from before 2004 that won't fit your car Yakima will let you trade them for the new Q-clips that are $35 a pair (you need 2 pair) so I did that.

I paid $165 (that's list) for the Q-Towers and I had the 58" bars from before ($80 list) then paid list ($379) for the Rocketbox.

But... you can get the Q-towers for $149 Internet, Q-clips for $32 Internet and I saw where someone paid less than $300 for the Rocketbox. I'm sure you can do better than $80 for the 58" bars also.

Moral of the story... don't be in a hurry. But the wife really wanted to go camping and it wouldn't be fair if just the dog and I went.

Plus I plan on having this car for a long time (I tend to go 10 years) so it was a good investment. I also have a mountain bike and road bike that end up on that rack once in a while also. Not to mention I have to haul ladders around every once in a while for work.