Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Official Winter Tires Thread: Please post any winter questions here!
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 07:50 AM   #44
miles@tirerack.com
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85510
FF Reputation: 3 miles@tirerack.com Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lo-fo View Post
thanks! lastly, do you think the summer tires will be fine for that little of cold weather use (often day trips, sometimes 2 - 3 days, only a handful of times when there's actually snow on the ground)? stupid me didn't realize they were summer tires when i got the car.
Can you do it? Yes.

Would I ever recommend it? Definitely not. Of course your car is not going to spontaneously explode if you don't get winter tires but those summers have no feature that's suited for winter use. No siping or grooves to get through snow, the rubber compound becomes hard like a plastic...it's just not a great idea. At the very least throw an all season on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypie View Post
I'm reviewing your post dated 09-22-2011 reponse to danc8. I have a similar vehicle with the sport suspension package. Should I also be using the 195/65R15 Blizzak WS70 with Sport Edition A7. What about the sensors.
What's up Sheldon! As you're going through the order process there will be an option to add the TPMS sensors to the order. If you choose to do so, we will mount them on the wheels before shipping everything to you. This sensor needs to be synced to your vehicle once you receive it so you'll need to take it to Ford to do that or purchase the Triggering tool we sell.