Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SYNC without MFT and Bluetooth audio
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #7
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi Dr. Woo!

Building media commands is the same for Sync or Sync with MFT.

What's indexing?
Indexing is the way SYNC categorizes the music it finds on your media player.

By indexing the music, SYNC can play selections by track, artist, album, genre and similar music categories. SYNC automatically indexes your music every time the player is connected to SYNC by the USB port.

SYNC will begin playing music after it completes indexing. Indexing may only take a few seconds, but if your player holds thousands of songs, indexing may take longer.

Why do I need SYNC My iTunes?
In order for music to be played on SYNC, it is necessary for SYNC to retrieve and categorize music according to a song’s attributes, or metadata—information about each song such as Title, Artist, Album, and Genre—which is extracted from your music library.

Sometimes this metadata is blank, or contains information that is not recognized by SYNC. SYNC My iTunes corrects errors, such as blanks, in your music library so that SYNC is able access all of the media in your music library.

Do I have to pair my iPod or MP3 Player with SYNC?
You don’t have to pair your iPod® or MP3 Player to SYNC. You can play music through SYNC by connecting your media player through the USB port.

You also can play your media device through SYNC wirelessly by pairing it to SYNC if your music player supports Bluetooth® Audio Streaming (A2DP) Profiles.