Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Deleting the tumble flaps
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #33
BowerR64
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78699
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3 SE

Points 11,745, Level 71
Points: 11,745, Level: 71 Points: 11,745, Level: 71 Points: 11,745, Level: 71
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 12 BowerR64 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0C0nFused View Post
It's called the 'Bernoulli principle' or 'venturi effect'. In our cars PCV system, the intake port is designed thus as air flows both ways (to and from) the intake depending on engine RPM. This 'draw' is not to be confused with engine 'vacuum' in the manifold. But is can be useful in a catch-can setup when you want a small amount of 'draw' from the PCV valve (as an example).

P.S. what paint did you use on the intakes? They look very good!!!
Bernoulli? humm i think thats the first ive heard of that. I have heard of venturi though.

The paint? funny you mention that. When i did the PCV delete i painted it with brush on model paint. "steel" was the color. It took 2 full testors bottles and didnt look to bad but i didnt put enough clear on it and it chipped putting it back on.

I tried going over it with caliper paint. This is the issue i have.

When i did my calipers the first time man the duplicolor paint is awsome, its thick its really glossy and best of all when you put it on with a brush you dont see brush strokes as it sets up it smooths out and looks really good. I bought another can of black and did my rotors and the inside spokes of my winter wheels. That was the same way, really thick, glossy and went on really nice.

This time i think hey, now my intake could use a nice thick glossy coat of this caliper paint. WRONG the silver caliper paint sucks! its thin, runny and when it dries has no gloss. Maybe i got a bad batch i dont know but it sure wasnt like the black and red. Also the silver seems to seperate as you paint, you have to constantly stir it up or you get blotchy color changes as it goes on.

So yeah its dupli-color silver caliper paint. With several coats of clear high gloss wheel coating. Seems the wheel coating is very durable.