Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Deleting the tumble flaps
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #30
S0C0nFused
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 39405
What I Drive: 2007 TorD-Red ZX5 SES

Points 11,949, Level 71
Points: 11,949, Level: 71 Points: 11,949, Level: 71 Points: 11,949, Level: 71
Level Up 75% Completed
Level up: 75% Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 77 S0C0nFused Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well, I am late to the party but I will input some info here as regards plugging the holes between the runners for any other folks wanting to do this. As the intake plastic is very hard and can be difficult to epoxy, the preferred method would be to use 'blind rivet nuts'. Specifically, a straight shank with a swag on the barrel. These fasteners are designed to embed into hard plastics. If that is not desirable (due to cost or difficulty pressing them in), then run a cone style steel wire brush through the holes, degrease, rinse and seal with 'PC-7' epoxy. I have had some experience sealing holes in plastics (unfortunately). The blind nuts are better as they have high mechanical grip. PC-7 is best as an epoxy as it will adhere to hard plastics (if prepped) and it is more of a paste/putty so you don't have runout like liquid steel.
Just FYI for future.
Last of the Hatches #28