Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Deleting the tumble flaps
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #24
BowerR64
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78699
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3 SE

Points 11,565, Level 70
Points: 11,565, Level: 70 Points: 11,565, Level: 70 Points: 11,565, Level: 70
Level Up 79% Completed
Level up: 79% Level up: 79% Level up: 79%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 12 BowerR64 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrove998 View Post
Cool. If your dumping the PCV to the ground i'd suggest venting the valve cover to the ground now as well since your not using the PCV valve anymore. The valve cover is the fresh air intake and the PCV dumps into the intake to be burnt off by the engine. Might be reverse flowing now causing you to be sucking oily air into the intake still and getting un-metered air after the MAF. Just a observation.
How by using a little filter ont he valve cover? I still have it hooked to the intake like how it was setup stock. That way the air it pulls in goes threw the CAI filter.

If the top is the inlet its way after the maf how can it be unmeterd? Its not taking in any air before the maf

This car had about 45k on it before i got it, i think just normal daily driving nothing high RPM.

Since i did the PCV ive hit 6k a few times and im sure that will stir up oil in the bottom of the intake.

Its really not reburning the oil. Its pulling in the engine air and reburning it but any oil burps just trickles down into the bulb at the bottom of the intake till it really gets wound up then im sure that mass of rushing air in has enough force to pickup the oil in the bulb and shoot it into the intake ports.

I poured another 1/4 of a cup of oil out of the stock intake today just to see how much oil was still in it. WHen i did the PCV delete a few months back i dumped some out then and was shocked it had that much in it. I should of dumped it all out then but didnt know what i was doing or why it had the oil in it. I understand it a little bit more now. I did the delete because i had a shaky idle and thought maybe the hose was cracked. It wasnt but it was alot of work so i went ahead and deleted it for no more question about it AND it makes removing the intake a whole lot easier.

Im pretty sure this is where the oil was comming from around the intake ports on the head. The new intake has no oil in it so im sure it will burn alot cleaner.