Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - How to completely remove front fenders
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 10:31 AM   #1
gthang
NY's Most Wanted

Fan#: 102
What I Drive: DUH!

FF Reputation: 5 gthang Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
How to completely remove front fenders

I may be getting some carbon fiber fenders, and wanted to be able to install them myself.

Unfortunately, I've found that you have to remove the front bumper first, but in order to remove the front bumper, you have to remove the fenders first...

What I mean is is that the front fenders are hard to get off, and the front bumper removed will help out, but not much. In fact, there is a clip that holds the fender onto the front bumper...

And removing the front bumper is difficult, since the instructions I have do not work. the instructions I have are from www.myfordfocus.com how-to section. The instructions do not mention undoing a bolt that is underneath the car near the top vertex of the headlight. And this bolt is in a pretty tight spot.

The only area I'm having trouble removing the fender is where the fender meets the door and the sideskirts. Now I know there's a bolt that's only accessible via the door jamb. It's the area near that jack site that I'm stuck at.

If anyone has any information on this, please post.

Thanks.