frednumber15
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83585
What I Drive: 2003 2dr ZX3

FF Reputation: 5 frednumber15 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat2lee View Post
I drained the trans fluid like the book said, break loose one corner, blaa blaa, anyways I drained the old oil in a big drain pan, cleaned the bottom of he tranny and the pan and and added about 6 quarts. the book said it would take 6.9 quarts........... Well, i have leakage, bad leakage. first time with the gasket, 2nd time no gasket just blue rtv, 3rd time grey rtv. still leaking badly!! Oh, when i finally poured the old fluid into a couple of one gallon jugs, I didnt even fill up one of them. less that 4 quarts! But i added 6 qts. Did i screw up my tranny, or what can i do to fix it! I really need help, my driveway is a mess and my wife is PISSED OFF!! Please help, thankx
You can only put 3 qts or so in it if you remove the pan....so you OVERFILLED it? The 2 qts you lost was part of the overfill.

I used a screwdriver and tapped in a front corner and mine popped loose...you don't want to overtighten the bolts or warp the sealing edge of the pan in any way.

I'd say...put a good filter in it...add 3 qts or so...use a rubber gasket....and then try it. They tend to be sensitive to fluid level so it might take a while to get straight?

...and I am unanimous in that position.