Ok, here is my experience till now :
- first tank : 8,5 L/100 km. I drove in S mode and on highway between 110 and 130 Km/h. Hwy / City : 70/30
- second tank: 9,1 L/100 km. S/D 50-50, hwy 110/120km/h, Hwy/City: 40/60 (and the circulation in Montreal is a real PITA nowadays).
- third tank: I am on it right now : 7,8 L/100 km (City+Hwy). I still drive in S/D and give it some 140-150 km/h from time to time to break it in at higher speeds.
I tested on 60 km round trip the following :
- first 30 km speed 115-120 km/h --> 7.2 L/100 km
- last 30 km speed 105 km/h (cruze for the first time) --> 5.8 L/100 km
The 30 km were from A to B, the other 30 km from B to A.
So, to sum it up: I am really glad with the results. I am at 1100 km now, so another 500 km at least not using the cruze and still breaking it in. When I am in the city, I am not baby-sitting it, I push it just right. In my opinion, the Focus I have is a car that give's me the driving pleasure I bought it for. Yes, great mileage is great, but... I will not drive on the highway at 70 km/h (10 km above the lower speed limit) only to gain 1 L /100 km. But again, this is just me.
White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat
303A, 6-Speed SelectShift Automatic, 17" Aluminum wheels, Luxury Package,
Parking Technology, Navigation, Winter Package