Beepster
Banned

Fan#: 88947
What I Drive: Black 2012 Elantra GL

FF Reputation: 1 Beepster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishey72 View Post
Just test drove a new Focus. Love everything about the car except.... the transmission. Car had 46 miles on it. From a stop it is just awful, stepping on gas and waiting... waiting... waiting and now we are going. At lower speeds, under 35 it just could not figure out a gear to be in.

Any suggestions? I will go back and test a car with more miles on it and see if it is any different. New car must have trans that works better than a 13 yo Subaru Outback we are replacing.

Oh, and this is the first time my shadow has ever darkened an American auto makers showroom.
If you like size of the car but want something more reliable with a better resale value,go for the Mazda3.For 2012 Mazda just came out with their "Skyactiv" gimmick that looks a lot like Fords tech,but you can still get the conventionnal and reliable old engines and transmissions.I would stick with the old tech until the "Skyactiv" thing has proven it's reliability in a few years.

If you're gonna go for Ford,make sure you do a long road test with the car you want to buy and NOT with the demo car.Because once you bought it ,good luck if you got problems.